Boat or Submarine
make a shape that will hold more than 11 coins
What shape of container will hold the most weight ?
We are choosing a pan because it is wide and the wider it is, the more water keeps it afloat
- It will be able to hold more than 5 coins.
- Container filled with water, modelling clay, old coins
Method (What I did)
- Create a boat out of modelling clay.
- I Fill the container with water.
- Place the boat carefully onto the water so it floats.
- One at a time , put coins carefully into the boat . Count how many coins are in the boat before it sinks.
We made a pan and we got 5 coins in so that's pretty good we thought we needed the pan to be bigger.
I discovered that if you make it light the water support’s it more.
It floated because it was light
|"Ok class What happens when I do this?"|
|Push Elijah Push|
|It's art but will it float|
|It's the tin man's boat|