IS AIR HEAVY?
What do I think: No. Am I wrong or am I right? lets see.
- News paper
- Ruler (one that you wont mind snapping)
- Put the ruler on the edge of the table half on and half off
- Karate chop the ruler
- It doesn’t break
- Next put the ruler on the edge again but this time put a scrunched up piece of news paper on the end that won't be karte chopped.
- the paper should fly in the air. Why? It happens because it is not flat so the air can not hold it down.
- So then put a flat piece of newspaper on and karate chop the ruler did it break?
The ruler should have snapped because the air is holding the paper down and forcing it to snap.
Was I right? No.
Photos of the experiment
Sience air is heavy by Elijah from Room16 Parkvale on Vimeo.